Emily's Birthday Cake

Just a quick post to share a photo of the cake that I made for Emily's 5th birthday!

I used boxed mixes to make the cakes, only because I'm trying to use up all the mixes that I have in the cupboard so they don't go to waste.

I did make the frosting from scratch though.  I used my Mom's recipe for her Decorator Frosting.

For the cake shape, I used the Big Top Cupcake pan that my Best Friend sent me for Christmas.  I had the idea to turn the cupcake shape into a big dress for a Barbie doll.  Emily was positive that she wanted a Barbie birthday this year.  So my Mom had a Barbie top from her cake decorating days that she sent over to me.

This was my first ever attempt at decorating a cake!  I'm pretty pleased with how it turned out!




Emily really, really loved it!

I had so much fun decorating this cake for her!  I've even signed up to take a cake decorating class in February!  I'm so excited to start!  :)  More cakes and decorating to come!

0 comments: