Course 2, Class 2

Hiya!!

Sorry I didn't post about last weeks class - we didn't do much.  We introduced ourselves to our new classmates and browsed through our new "text" book.  We did some practicing of shells and reverse shells and learned how to make a rosebud and mums.  It was a fun class, but I just didn't come home with anything to "share"!

This week, though - I have a photo of some flowers.  We only make 1 cake during this course, and that is our finale cake on week 4.  And, let me tell you, it's a stunner of a cake and I can't wait to make it!!

So, this week we made Apple Blossoms, Violets, Violet leaves and we made some colorflow birdies.  I was really excited about the birdies!  They are so cute!!  We made all of these out of Royal Icing, so they are dry and being saved to use on the finale cake.

I need some more practice, so I will be playing with these some more and will probably have new and better ones to use on my finale cake.  Especially the birdies - I really think I can do better on those.

In the photo, I started to play with making an earth using color flow icing.  I have an idea to make Earth Day cupcakes in April, so I was just playing around to see if I could "design" an earth, it doesn't look too bad, but I think I'll use a darker blue and of course green, which I just didn't have made at the time.

So - enjoy the photo!

Next week we're making Victorian Roses, Primroses, Daisy's, and a few other flowers!  Should be a busy night!

Happy Baking!

0 comments: