Roses!

Whew!  Course 1 is all done!  Last night was our last Wilton Course 1 cake class!   Our Finale cake is a basic white cake with a 7-petal Wilton Rose bouquet, a shell border and a few sweet peas.  I was afraid of the roses at first, but I think with practice (lots and lots of practice!) I will have them down pat!  

I made this cake for Emily.  She had surgery this weekend to have her appendix removed after we spent hours in the ER trying to figure out why her tummy hurt so bad!  She was such a brave little girl, I am so proud of her!  I asked her what color flowers she wanted and she picked pink and purple, so that's what she got!  She loves her cake and so do I!
Again, I bake a Butter Recipe Golden cake (Duncan Hines) and filled it with a layer of cream cheese filling and a layer of cherry filling.  It's yummy!

Next Tuesday, I start Course 2 - we'll be working on Flowers and we only have one cake to make on the last class.  I'm sure I'll have photos of flowers to share with you, though, so check back!  :)

0 comments: