Clown Cake

Last night I had my 3rd cake decorating class and we made clowns!

I struggled with my cake at home, when I was frosting it, I had some unruly crumbs and the whole thing ended up being pretty crumby.  I could have put another layer of frosting on once the first layer was set, but I was in a hurry to get to class on time and then I figured I could just cover it with decoration!
So, this week we learned all about "building up" the frosting by making a couple of clowns.  And we learned how to make polka dots without "pimples".  We also practiced making face (with frosting!) and we worked more on our Wilton Rose practice.   I need to work more on my roses before next week!

So, here's my finished cake!  It's a Butter Recipe Golden cake with a layer of cream cheese filling and a layer of cherry filling (might be the reason for the crumbs, I had to cut the cake in thirds to get the fillings in.)  Hubby chose the filling flavors!

 
(this picture, you can really see the crumbs along the side - pooh)

I added Bradley's name and age to this cake, because Emily's was on last week's cake.

I think it turned out pretty good - and I just enjoyed a slice of cake and it was quite yummy!


0 comments: